by Lauren Mandel
As the Medicare Open Enrollment Period quickly approaches, you may be wondering how you can prepare to find Medicare coverage for the upcoming year. We’ve shared information about when you can get Medicare, but do you know what questions to ask yourself now so that you’re prepared come October 15?
Below is a list of questions to ask yourself in advance of searching for a Medicare plan. Reviewing this checklist will help ensure your Medicare shopping process runs smoothly, and you’ll have more information you need to find the right plan on October 15.
- Have you researched what type of Medicare you need?
- Will you need help understanding how Medicare works?
- Do you currently have health insurance coverage?
- Do you have a primary care physician?
- How many times a year, on average, do you see a doctor?
- Do you see a specialist for any current health conditions?
- Will you need Medicare prescription drug coverage?
- Do you have a preference for what type of Medicare coverage you get?
- Do you need a plan just for yourself or for others, too?
- When would you like your Medicare coverage to begin?
If you have questions about this list or need more information about Medicare coverage, feel free to call 1-877-568-1851 – TTY 711 to speak with one of our licensed sales agents. To enroll in Original Medicare, please contact your local Social Security office.
Medicare has neither reviewed nor endorsed this information.