Today marks the start of National Men’s Health Week, which strives to raise awareness of preventable health problems and encourage early detection and treatment of diseases. It encourages all men and boys to make their health a priority.
Although prevention and early detection are extremely important for men’s health, there are a few steps you can take today to improve your health immediately.
- Lose the tobacco. It’s no secret that smoking leads to various diseases, including cancer. Quit today to avoid becoming one of the 16 million people living with a smoking-related disease.
- Get more sleep. Although most adults can function with as little as six hours of sleep, the majority of us really need between seven and a half to eight hours to feel our best.
- Eat more vegetables. A 45-year-old man who gets at least 30 minutes of exercise a day should consume three and a half cups of vegetables every day. Throw some leafy greens into your morning smoothie for easy integration.
- Stay active. Regular exercise can help men decrease their cholesterol, reduce inflammation, and protect against colon cancer, among other benefits. Disguise your workout by choosing a fun activity, like swimming or playing catch.
- Get health insurance. Not only does getting health insurance keep you safe from harm and expensive medical bills, but it also helps you avoid the costly tax penalty for going uninsured.
Need help getting health insurance? Have questions about your current coverage? GoHealth can help. Visit GoHealthInsurance.com or call 888-322-7557 today to get the health insurance you need!