The Medicare Open Enrollment period is coming to an end on December 7, 2017. If you’re 65 or older, now is the time to look into additional Medicare coverage options available to you. While you’re not required to re-enroll in Medicare each year, during the Medicare Open Enrollment period, you can complete the following:
- Change from Original Medicare to a Medicare Advantage plan
- Change from a Medicare Advantage plan back to Original Medicare
- Change Medicare Advantage plans
- Find a new Medicare Advantage plan that offers prescription drug coverage
- Join a Medicare Prescription Drug plan
- Switch from one Prescription Drug plan to another
Before you choose a Medicare plan, review the checklist below so you can be sure you’re getting the right type coverage at an affordable price.
- Have you researched what type of Medicare you need?
- Will you need help understanding how Medicare works?
- Do you currently have health insurance coverage?
- Do you have a primary care physician?
- How many times a year, on average, do you see a doctor?
- Do you see a specialist for any current health conditions?
- Will you need Medicare prescription drug coverage?
- Do you need a plan just for yourself or for others, too?
Still have questions? GoHealth’s licensed agents are available to you at no cost. Call (866) 909 – 0798 or visit www.gomedicare.com for more information.
This information is for educational purposes only. Medicare has neither reviewed nor endorsed this information.